b. UVC disinfection rack
UV sensor is installed in the water, 316L stainless steel is used for outer parts of the sensor. Each module has one UV sensor to collect UV intensity data. UV sensor could also monitor the water transmittance and UVC output for a long time.
Water-level control system
Three systems used for water level control of Newland NLQ series, it can also be custom designed.
a. Weir without power
- Install the weir without power to the end of disinfection channel to reduce the head loss from effluent of secondary sedimentation tank to discharge side. The head loss of water level between the inlet and outlet of UV disinfection device is not greater than 300mm
- The weir selects the thin-wall form, the out-flow length should ensure the water level change between 0-50 mm under the condition of zero flow to peak flow, and all the lamps should be submerged to ensure the disinfection effect.
- Under the condition of zero flow, the lamp still submerged in water, avoid the leak of UV and dry-bum the lamp, system operate more reliably.
b. Flap valve without power
- Installed at the end of the disinfection channel.
- Maintain one lowest water level and minimum water level change; lamps are submerged under water in this change range.
- Made of 304 stainless steel
- Sensor of low water level: system consists of one low water level sensor, when the water level in the channel lower than normal water level, lamps would auto-off; ensures the reliable running and little investment.
c. Electric weir
Level controller implement automatic control of electric Weir through the control center.
- Easy to control the disinfection system with higher change of water quantity.
- Small footprint, suitable for large water UV disinfection system.
Assistant equipment – Maintenance crane
The crane is being used for installation and maintenance, thanks to the modular design. The whole system can be in operation while one of the modules is under maintenance.
Note: Regular cleaning is helpful to ensure disinfection efficiency of UV disinfection system